Maple is manufacturing and propagating EM in India under agreement with EMRO, Japan. EM technology was developed by Dr. Teruo Higa in Japan.
EM stands for ‘Effective Microorganisms’. It is a consortium of different strains of beneficial and effective microorganisms, both aerobic and anaerobic in nature. It is processed by EMRO personnel under strict quality standard in Maple Orgtech Kolkata. These organisms are collected from the natural environment and not imported, exotic or genetically engineered. The main microbes are Lactobacillus, Photosynthetic bacteria, yeast.
Agriculture practiced with Maple EM.1 Hariyali technology follows five principles.
The principles are as follows:
- Production of safe and nutritious food for better health.
- Improves economic and holistic benefits to both producers (farmers) and consumers.
- Sustainability and ease of practice by every person.
- Conservation of the environment.
- Production of sufficient food of high quality for the increasing populations.
Benefits of Maple EM1 Hariyali Technology in Agriculture are :
- Maple EM is ECO FRIENDLY,SAFE and ORGANIC.
- Maple EM.1 Hariyali helps to maintain the soil microbial balance by suppressing harmful microbes and increase beneficial microbes.
- It helps in continuous cropping and excellent weed control over a period of time ( 3-5 years).
- Maple EM.1 Hariyali develops resistance of plants to pests and diseases and is a powerful tool for IPM.
- Improves plant vigour and induces resistance to plants against drought/ stress.
Continuous use of Maple EM.1 Hariyali would result in improvement in soil structure, texture, water retention, labor reduction and better yield, thus increasing the profitability for the farmers and conserving valuable natural resources.
- Maple EM.1 Hariyali increases fruit setting and quality.
- It increases shelf life of fruits and vegetables.
- Enhances both cell division and elongation.
- Enhances key enzymes and physiological process in plants.
- Improves translocation of solutes and membrane permeability.
- Improves photosynthesis and increases dry weight.
- Yield increased due to direct action on pollination and fertilization.
- EM1 Hariyali is safe for mammal, bird and fishes.
- EM1 Hariyali is very economical.